When we sleep, of course, we move far less than in an awake state.
But what you might not know is this
ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) is the body’s source for energy, created via multiple systems involving a cascade of complex reactions (some greater than others).
The energy created for mechanical purposes (movement) only constitutes for ~30% of the byproduct energy via ATP hydrolysis. The other ~70% ? HEAT!
So you see, its not just “because we move less”. No. It’s because less energy is needed, resulting in less breakdown of ATP subsequently resulting in LESS HEAT PRODUCTION!
Fuck yeah, SCIENCE!
(science rules everything around me)